Clodius & Co. Jewelers Blog
Diamond Empowerment Fund Adopts 'Diamonds Do Good' Slogan As New Name December 12, 2019For more than 12 years, the Diamond Empowerment Fund (DEF) has helped diamond communities around the world to become strong, stable, prosperous and socially empowered. On December 5, the program announced that its familiar tagline — "Diamonds Do Good" — will now be used as the business name of the organization.
According to an official statement, the Diamond Empowerment Fund's name change seizes on the "simplicity, significance and resonance" of the "Diamonds Do Good" tagline. And, in keeping with the change, the non-profit organization also reimagined its logo.
Inspired by social rights activist Nelson Mandela and founded in 2007 by business entrepreneur Russell Simmons and leaders in the diamond and jewelry industries, the nonprofit DEF has changed lives in the communities where diamonds are mined, cut, polished and sold.
In recent years, the DEF (now Diamonds Do Good) has told the stories of its good work on social media and through Public Service Announcements (PSAs).
Those stories have resonated with consumers and the trade alike. Consumers now have a better image of the natural diamond industry and are more interested in purchasing a natural diamond after reading the "do good" stories hosted on diamondsdogood.com.
• In the Madhya Pradesh region of central India, for instance, 4,700 villagers now have access to clean drinking water thanks to the initiatives of diamond producer Rio Tinto.
• In the Siberian town of Mirny, 2,000 youngsters have access to a state-of-the-art Cultural and Sports Complex built and funded by the diamond mining company ALROSA.
• In South Africa, the De Beers Group is supporting small business initiatives and providing promising youth with access to higher education.
• In a remote Chinese village, retailer Chow Tai Fook is helping to provide vital medical care to new mothers and small children.
• And across North America, jewelers are helping youngsters in need through their own generosity and via the initiatives of a charitable fund called Jewelers For Children.
Credits: Images via diamondsdogood.com.
About the Author
With over 250 years of combined experience, our staff truly understands why you purchase jewelry, and what it means to you. Clodius & Co. is known as Rockford's custom jeweler and more. Why? Because we like to get acquainted with our customers while we help them select or create their jewelry.
Other Recent Blog Entries
Music Friday: Diamonds and Pearls Make a Cameo in Marvin Gaye's 1969 Hit
Colorado Avalanche 2022 Stanley Cup Rings Boast 731 Gems Weighing 18.50 Carats
Mastercard Survey: Holiday 2022 Shoppers Are 'Ready and Able to Spend'
Famous for His Stained Glass, Louis Tiffany Designed This Opal Necklace in 1929
Williamson Pink Star Lives Up to Pre-Sale Hype, Fetches $57.7MM and Sets Record
Music Friday: Carole King Gets the Ring in 1964's 'Oh No Not My Baby'